When I started this blog, I put a lot of effort into remaining anonymous. I had my reasons for doing so, all of them were justified (at the time) and in a lot of ways I still feel that inclination to hide my true self from the blog world or the internet in general. So many people fall victim to internet predators and I didn’t want to be one of them. I still feel like it is important to protect the people I love but I no longer feel like that requires me to hide my identity. I’m sure there will be some backlash for this eventually but right now I’m feeling the need to ‘come out’ so to speak.
So…this is my coming out party!
These are the ‘renovations’ that will be taking place on this blog:
1. I will post a bit of my own flash fiction every Friday. I’m attempting to perfect my short writing. In some instances I manage to keep it under 2k words. Hopefully, that will improve. Some of these will be erotic and some will be more mainstream romantic or multicultural or whatever my mind comes up with that week.
2. Reviews. I will post reviews of the books I have read and also keep a running log on the right for currently reading and TBR (to be read). Reading is to writing as sustenance is to life. You can’t have one without the other and if you think you can, you might want to think about how well you write. Be warned: not all the books I review will be erotic. So don’t be surprised if you log on here and see a review for something out of the ordinary.
3. Inspiration. I will try and do a post about this at least twice a week. Inspiration is an ever elusive commodity for the creative mind. I have a few tricks that I use to inspire myself and I will post them from time to time in hopes that it might benefit you all.
4. What I’m listening to now: Music is a big part of my creative process. I’ll post what I’m listening to and how it ties into what I’m writing that day.
5. There will be random miscellaneous postings about things that interest me, anger me, make me hot and bothered. Some of these you all might want to skip these postings as I tend to be a bit schizophrenic in my tastes. Some of the topics may be a bit political in nature but I will make an effort to keep this a friendly fun place by keeping my political grandstanding to a minimum.
So this is the roughly hewn plan. Hopefully a few of you will stick around to see what I have planned for this place.
Stay tuned for the overhaul!!!