When a reader picks up your book, you have about two pages to get them to care about your story.
If it’s an e-book sample, that shrinks down to a couple of paragraphs. While they’re reading, there’s one question in their mind. That question is…
“Why should I care?”
Harsh, right? But that’s the reality of things. You have to hook your reader within those first two pages, and the quickest way to do that is to create compelling, relatable, and memorable characters.
- Compelling characters evoke interest and draw the reader into the world you’ve created.
- Relatable characters are flawed and vulnerable in ways that the reader can either see in themselves or in people that they know.
- Memorable characters stay with your reader long after they close the book.
How do you make all of this happen?
You–the author–need to fall in love with your character first. You do that by learning everything there is to know about them.
The Basic Character Creation Workbook is 76-pages of in-depth character study that will produce a fleshed out, fully realized character.
In The Basic Character Creation Workbook you will get:
- The 5 basic characters That Every Book Needs
- The Basic Bio
- Develop a Basic Premise
- Discover Your Character’s Central Problem
- Goal & Motivation, Conflict
- The Character Arc
- and How to Use Your Backstory
This workbook can be used to craft your protagonist, antagonist, and all of your secondary characters in a way that will make your story rich and multilayered.